Sunday 4 December 2011

The Replacement By Brennda Yovenoff

The Replacement by Brennda Yovenoff


(US Cover)
I know that this review is late but I just recently got a hold of this book. Although it’s better late than never though right? Hope you enjoy reading this review.
The Replacement is a story about Mackie Doyle. Mackie is a replacement, a replacement is where a human baby is taken away from their cribs and in its place a supernatural baby is put in its place. For sixteen years, Mackie has found that living in our world has been proving him difficult. This is because he is allergic to blood, iron and consecrated grounds. Having contact with what he is allergic to leads him to have an anaphylactic shock. But he continues to carry on and live on with his life even if it means that he tries to blend in the background and not get involved in social activities.
Tate is a girl at his school, whose baby sister died. After the incident Tate has become mysterious after her sister’s death. Mackie finds that he spends most time with Tate.
I found that the characters in the book to be amazing. They are a very strong individual especially Mackie and Tate. While they are out in different situations they show their courage and dedication. I really liked Mackie’s character because for me it was something different. You don’t know or have a clue before reading what sort of supernatural creature he is, so I feel that, that aspect has helped drew me into the book in the first place. I am so happy that I read the book because I felt very pleased with the story line and how the book took me through an experience that does not evolve the typical YA story. I felt that Tate’s character was very strong and when I say that I really do mean it.  I can honestly say that Tate is one of the strongest female in the book and I looked that. In some YA book you do see that the male character is more dominant in a book but I felt that in the book Tate was stronger and dominant which was refreshing to read.
I highly recommend this book because of the concept of the book as well has how the book was written by Brenda Yovenoff. I loved her writing style in this book so definitely two thumbs up.  If you love reading YA books like me and want something that is going to be a fast paced read, as well as a book that is different to the rest of the other books. Then I definitely advise you to read this book and give this book a chance.
My Rating
I give this book a 5/5 stars.
                                           

Here is the Uk cover. Which one do you like the most comment below, and comment below what you think about the book if you have read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment