Monday 6 June 2011

Never Tell by Claire Sheeber

Published on April 30, 2010
A secret never to be told.....
With her millionaire husband and beautiful children, journalist Rose Miller has an enviable life. But beneath the domestic bliss lies a terrible secret.
As oxford students, Rose and James where members of the Society X. Led by the enigmatic Dalziel, the elite clique where determined to push society’s boundaries to the very limit- until they went too far and a shocking tragedy occurred.
With the scandal covered up, Rose settles in a domestic life. But some secrets won’t stay buried, and when Rose becomes entangled with a local businessman, it looks like the past has come back to haunt her. And this time there can be no hiding place....
My thoughts on the book
To be honest with you I really did not enjoy reading this book. This was because of many factors like the plot line. I thought the plot line was too confusing and after I read the book I did not get what happened through the most of the book. As well as the fact of the actual story line, it was to dark and uncomfortable. I am the kind of person that loves thriller, suspense and crime but I think that that this book was too much for my liking. This book is a psychological thriller so it is bound to stretch your brains and get to you. But still...
Also I would to add that the characters I felt where off putting and unrelatable as well as the main character, rose “I mean come on!.  The character Dalziel was just odd and creepy and to be honest a bit psychotic (I’ll try not to spoil it for you). Too much things where going on so my brain where trying to get though one bit and then BHAM!! Another thing is going on.
When I was reading the book I did not even go half way through, but I put the book down and read other books because it was REALLY stressing me out. But then after a couple of day later i decided to finish of this book. And when I did was like WHAT JUST HAPPENED.
I’ll give the book 2 out Of 5 stars because I think that if the plot was better or less confusing then I would have rated the book higher than 2 stars.
Other people might like this book. I am not implying that no one is going to write this book or that Clair Sheeber is a bad author ,she is not it’s just that” I don’t think I like physiological movies never mind books”. Give the book a go and tell me what you think of the book

No comments:

Post a Comment