Sunday 5 June 2011

PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahern


Blurb

Childhood sweethearts, they could finish each other’s sentences and even when they fought, they laughed. No one could imagine Holly and Gerry without each other.

Until the unthinkable happens. Gerry’s death devastates Holly. But as her 30th birthday looms, Gerry comes back to her. He’s left her a bundle of notes, gently guiding Holly into her new life without him, each note is signed ‘PS I Love you’.

As the notes are gradually opened, and as the year unfolds, holly is both cheered up and challenged. The man who knows her better than anyone else sets out to teach her that life goes on. With some help from her friends, her noisy and loving family, Holly finds herself laughing, crying, singing, dancing-and being braver than ever before.

My thoughts

This book was a really good emotional book. It deals with issues that most people deal with “depression” as a result of losing a loved one. But I love the way that Gerry, even though he has passed away is still communicating with holly through the use of letters. This was not a slow read but I thought it was not a really fast read either. The letters that where written to holly where so sweet through the emotions that she was feeling I could say that I could relate to holly. This book is not a YA (Young reader) book. It’s more in the adult genre which I still loves and adored and would definitely read again in the distant future.

The whole emotions and depth that the book went to was amazing. The book is written in a third  point of view so you can get the feel of the other characters better at least that’s is what I thought. The book is not a thin book it has around 501 pages so it is a big book but the book does not feel long or dragging for ages. Overall I give the book a 4 out of 5 stars which is a really good score coming from me. I would differently recommend the book to anyone who wants an emotional read and anyone else for that matter.

1 comment:

  1. I love the book what do you guys think? please comment

    ReplyDelete