Sunday 5 June 2011

Sister By Rosamund Lupton




Published- 2nd September 2010

Awards- had been longlisted for this year's Theakston's Old Peculier Crime Novel Of the Year Award

This is an AMAZING book I don’t even know where to begin. The books is a story about the main character who is called Beatrice and she one day find out from her mum that her younger sister Tess is missing. So she boards the first flight from America to go England, where her whole family lives. So she leaves her fiancĂ© in America to look for her sister. When she arrives in England she becomes sort of like a private detective as a result of her family, friends as well as the police who have given up on the search for Tess. While she Beatrice is franticly looking and searching for her sister, she finds and meets new characters that could help her look for new leads. But not only that but she also begins to find some suspicions’ on who she believes had a hand to Tess’s disappearance or knows something about her sisters disappearance. Who she then later finds out that not everyone is who they say they are.

While I was reading the book I felt really intrigued on where the book was going. The book is cleverly written in a first point of view so you do feel that the emotions that Beatrice was feeling though out the books were what I was feeling. Because the book was realistic I could really relate to the main character and that was I made me to continue reading the book. Some parts of the book I agreed and thought what Beatrice was thinking so this aspect while reading the book made me hooked into the book. If this happened to me I would probably act the way she had because of my own relationship to my sister.

The book is the first novel written by Rosamund Lupton and I believe that this is a fantastically executed book considering that this is her first book. This book is full of suspense and thrills continue all the way through the book. Not in one part of the book did I feel that I was bored or felt that it had unnecessary information but instead felt that all the chapters went smoothly throughout the book. This book is a fast read so you get into the book faster than some other books that I have read recently. This is great book for people who love crime books and fast passed books (duh... who does not like fast books, Silly me) And the ending of the book just blew me away because I did not see that one coming it was a very (very) big twist so because of that i give the whole book a 4.5 out of 5. This is a must read and one of my favourite book so that means something to me. All i can say is give it a go because i know that this book would not disappoint you.





No comments:

Post a Comment